Our online CPR training
Who is this training for?
Our "First Aid - Adapted to Early Childhood" training is for anyone who wants to work in :
- An Early Childhood Center (ECC),
- A daycare facility
- A drop-in daycare
- An accredited family day care service
- A private family day care service
- A school-based child care service
By "persons wishing to work in early childhood centers" we mean the following job titles
- Early childhood educator
- Child Care Assistant
- Child Care Providers
- Child Care Assistant
- Casual Substitute
Our Early Childhood First Aid and CPR course meets all the requirements of the "Ministère de la famille". It is an eight (8) hour course, specific to early childhood and includes the management of severe anaphylactic allergies.
Our Early Childhood First Aid and CPR course meets all the standards required by the Ministry of Family Welfare in order to be able to work as a childcare worker. It will therefore give you a valid and recognized certification.
* As you are in contact with young children, we strongly recommend that you take our "Prevention of Childhood Infections" training as a complement to the First Aid and CPR course for young children.
Our Early Childhood First Aid and CPR course includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Roles and responsibilities of the first aider
- CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) maneuvers for the following clients
- CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) maneuvers for the following clientele
- General prevention
- Prevention of infections
- Allergic reactions of the anaphylactic type
- Medical first aid
- Traumatic first aid
- And more ...
To learn more about the content of our Early Childhood First Aid and CPR course, we invite you to consult our "Detailed Training Plan" available at the following address
This is an eight (8) hour training course, specific to early childhood, which includes the management of severe allergies of the anaphylactic type.
The Professional Obligation of Child Life Educators
It is the duty of every child care staff member to keep their First Aid and Early Childhood CPR skills up to date in order to practice their profession. Updating their skills in Early Childhood CPR, First Aid and the management of severe anaphylactic allergies is a must in order to ensure the safety of the children in their care.
Here are some links from the "Regulation respecting educational child care services" explaining the "Act respecting educational child care services":
Educational Child Care Regulation : https://www.legisquebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/document/rc/s-4.1.1,%20r.%202
- Article 20 : https://www.legisquebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/version/rc/S-4.1.1,%20r.%202?code=se:20&historique=20160916#20160916
- Article 51.8 : https://www.legisquebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/version/rc/S-4.1.1,%20r.%202?code=se:51&historique=20160916#20160916
- Article 54.4 : https://www.legisquebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/version/rc/S-4.1.1,%20r.%202?code=se:54&historique=20160916#20160916
- Article 82.4 : https://www.legisquebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/version/rc/S-4.1.1,%20r.%202?code=se:82&historique=20160916#20160916
- Article 6.6 : https://www.legisquebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/version/rc/S-4.1.1,%20r.%202?code=se:6_6&historique=20210204#20210204
- Article 5 : https://www.legisquebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/version/rc/I-13.3,%20r.%2011?code=se:5&historique=20210204#20210204
Règlement sur les services de garde éducatifs à l'enfance
The Early Learning and Child Care Act
- 6.6. The person referred to in section 6.1 of the Act must hold a certificate, not more than 3 years old, attesting to the successful completion of an early childhood first aid course of at least 8 hours duration, including a component on the management of severe allergic reactions, or a refresher course of at least 6 hours duration to update the knowledge acquired in the early childhood first aid course.
- She provides a copy of her certificate to the parent.
The functioning of our training courses
Our Early Childhood First Aid and CPR course is offered 100% online. This means you can take your course independently. You will be able to start your Early Childhood First Aid and CPR course at your own pace.
Once you purchase your Early Childhood First Aid and CPR course, you will have a maximum of 10 weeks to complete it.
Our theoretical exams
At the end of each reading block, you will be evaluated through various theoretical multiple-choice questionnaires. The passing grade for each quiz is set at 80%.
Mandatory practical sessions will be required of you. Our exclusive automated system will take you through these sessions at your own pace, step by step.
You will be invited to build your own small CPR mannequin using everyday objects in order to assimilate the different first aid techniques.
Our exclusive automated system will guide you through these steps. The practices are done independently. You will be asked to follow the steps of each practice until the end of a timer to confirm that you have completed it. These sessions will allow you to assimilate the different approaches to a first aid intervention, thus allowing you to acquire the necessary reflexes.
You will also be invited to download our FREE CPR - ASB mobile application to use as an accessory to ensure a proper rhythm of compressions and breaths.
To learn more about our mobile application, you can visit our dedicated page available at
Our criteria of success
Each certification of the Early Childhood First Aid and CPR course issued by the Académie Saint-Bernard® is therefore proof that the candidates have met all of our criteria for success, namely
- Completion of all readings included in the course.
- Completion of all mandatory practical sessions within the given minimum time requirements.
- Pass with an average of 80% or more each of the theoretical evaluations included in the training.
Upon successful completion of your Early Childhood First Aid and CPR course, a certification will automatically be issued to you in your profile. You can then download it, email it or print it without any problem. If you absolutely need to receive the certification card, simply request one upon completion of the course.
Each certification from our Early Childhood First Aid and CPR course has a unique "URL" and "QR" code. This makes it impossible for an individual to falsify a certification from St. Bernard Academy.