First Aid – Advanced General Public (16h)
- Duration of training: 16 hours.
- Certification valid for a period of 3 years.
- Training suitable for everyone.
* Training recommended for the operator of a Foster Family or a Family Resource.
Attention: this is not an equivalence to the “First Aid in the Workplace” training approved by the CNESST
- Complete all the readings included in the training.
- Complete all mandatory practical sessions within the given minimum time requirements.
- Pass with an average of 80% or more each of the theoretical evaluations included in the training.
- Upon successful completion of your training through practical sessions at home as well as multiple choice theory exams, you will receive your certificate in “PDF” format, valid for a period of 3 years.
- Click HERE to access the intervention protocols for this training.
The General First Aid training is designed specifically for caregivers and foster families who are often on the front line of medical emergencies. This training is an effective way to prepare for emergency situations, whether it is a fall, cardiac arrest, fire or injury.
Caregivers and foster parents must be prepared to respond quickly and effectively in an emergency, because every second counts. This training will provide them with the skills necessary to provide first aid while ensuring their own safety.
During the training, participants will learn basic first aid techniques such as cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), airway management, bleeding and fracture management, and stroke and heart attack management.
This general first aid training is particularly important for caregivers and foster families, who are often the first witnesses to medical emergencies. It develops the skills needed to respond quickly and effectively, while improving the safety and well-being of the recipients.
By completing this first aid training, caregivers and foster families will be able to meet local first aid training requirements by demonstrating their commitment to the safety and health of the people they care for.
Please contact us if you have any questions about this general first aid training for caregivers and foster families. You will learn practical skills that are essential to effectively respond to emergency situations and ensure the safety and well-being of your clients.
- Language English
- Students 30