Our CPR training for health care provider
Who is this training for?
Our "CPR/AED Health Professional (Annual)" training is mainly intended for people working in the health field. Our CPR/Healthcare Professional training is five (5) hours long and is given 100% online.
Our CPR/AED Health Professional (Annual) training is recognized by the OIIQ and the OIIAQ. It will therefore entitle you to annual training credits required by your professional order.
* If you are called upon to provide vaccinations as part of your job, you can also take the "First Aid - Anaphylactic Allergies" training in addition to the CPR training for health professionals.
Details of the training
Our CPR health professional training includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Roles and responsibilities of the nurse
- Life-threatening emergencies
- Angina crisis
- Opioid overdose
- Assistance with emergency medication
- CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) maneuvers for the following clients
- Ventilatory/respiratory assistance
- The use of a balloon mask
- Ventilation devices
- DVR maneuvers (airway clearance) for clients:
- And more ...
To learn more about the content of our CPR training for health professionals, we invite you to consult our "Detailed Training Plan" available at the following address
This is a "Level C" training (Adult, Child and Infant) including learning how to use an AED (Automatic External Defibrillator) as well as the Balloon mask.
Your professional obligation
It is the duty of nurses and nursing assistants to keep their skills up to date in order to practice their profession. Updating their CPR skills is therefore an essential part of ensuring the safety of the patients in their care.
Here are two (2) links from these professional orders explaining your responsibilities in CPR:
"Chapter I-8, r.9, article 1" as well as "Chapter I-8, r.9, articles 18-19" of the "Code of ethics of nurses".
1. A nurse must come to the aid of a person whose life is in danger, personally or by obtaining help, by giving the necessary and immediate assistance, unless there is a risk to the nurse or to third parties or another reasonable cause.
18. 18. Nurses shall practice according to generally accepted standards of practice and scientific principles. To this end, he or she must ensure the updating and development of his or her professional skills.
OIIAQ: "Article 3" as well as "Article 13" of the "Code of ethics of nursing assistants".
3. The member must practice his profession according to generally recognized standards of practice. To this end, he must update his knowledge and perfect his aptitudes and skills.
13. The member must provide care and treatment to a patient with diligence. This includes
Responding promptly to the patient when the patient's condition requires it;
Providing the supervision required by the patient's condition;
Take reasonable steps to ensure continuity of care and treatment.
The functioning of our training courses
Our CPR training for healthcare professionals is offered 100% online. This means you can take your course independently. You will be able to start your training when it is most convenient for you and do it at your own pace.
Once you purchase the CPR training course, you will have a maximum of 10 weeks to complete it.
Our theoretical exams
At the end of each reading block, you will be evaluated through various theoretical multiple-choice questionnaires. The passing grade for each quiz is set at 80%.
Mandatory practical sessions will be required of you. Our exclusive automated system will take you through these sessions at your own pace, step by step.
You will be invited to build your own small CPR mannequin using everyday objects in order to assimilate the different first aid techniques.
Our exclusive automated system will guide you through these steps. The practices are done independently. You will be asked to follow the steps of each practice until the end of a timer to confirm that you have completed it. These sessions will allow you to assimilate the different approaches to a first aid intervention, thus allowing you to acquire the necessary reflexes.
You will also be invited to download our FREE CPR - ASB mobile application to use as an accessory to ensure a proper rhythm of compressions and breaths.
To learn more about our mobile application, you can visit our dedicated page available at
Our success criteria
Each Health Professional CPR certification issued by Académie Saint-Bernard® is therefore proof that the candidate has met all of our criteria for success:
- Complete all the readings included in the training.
- Complete all mandatory practical sessions within the given minimum time requirements.
- Pass with an average of 80% or more each of the theoretical evaluations included in the training.
Upon successful completion of your CPR training, a certification will automatically be issued to you in your profile. You can then download it, email it or print it without any problem. If you absolutely need to receive the certification card, simply request it upon completion of the training.
Each certification from our CPR Health Professional training has a unique "URL" and "QR" code. Therefore, it is impossible for an individual to falsify a certification from Saint Bernard Academy.