TERMS AND CONDITIONS – « CHEST COMPRESSIONS HELPER » APP
The following conditions apply to the « CHEST COMPRESSIONS HELPER » app built by the Saint-Bernard Academy and its website located at https://academiesb.com/. All content on this app is the exclusive property of Saint-Bernard Academy, for which all rights are reserved. The content of this app is for education and training purposes only, to teach skills in accordance with national guidelines in terms of resuscitation. The content of this app is based on various texts accessible to the general public and to health professionals. The Saint-Bernard Academy has made reasonable and good faith efforts to ensure the accuracy and validity of the material.
- Do not try and practice the techniques taught by the Academy on people who do not need it.
- Performing these maneuvers, when they are not necessary, can result in death or serious injury.
- Performing these maneuvers, when not necessary, can result in serious injury or even death.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation maneuvers should only be performed on people who need them and preferably under the supervision of a licensed professional.
- This app does not replace CPR or first aid training.
- It is up to the individual to take the necessary measures to ensure that first aid or CPR training is followed, fully assimilated and up to date.
- The procedures learned will not save everyone, even if they are done correctly.
- The Saint-Bernard Academy can not, under any circumstances, be held liable for loss or damage of any kind, whether contractual or tortious, or under local, regional or federal laws, ordinances or by-laws.
- Use or reliance on educational materials is at your own risk.
- You should not rely solely on this application during an act of first aid, but rather necessarily seek medical advice by calling 911.
- Before taking or not taking any action that could cause injury, damage of any kind or even death, you must call 911 and follow the directions of the emergency medical dispatcher.
- The role of the Saint-Bernard Academy is to educate students using the latest scientific guidelines.
- The Saint-Bernard Academy has made reasonable and good faith efforts to ensure the accuracy and validity of the material in accordance with national first aid requirements.
- CPR instructions should not be seen or practiced by children or adults who will not fully understand the content and its potential consequences.
- The Saint-Bernard Academy and all persons and entities involved in the creation, production and distribution of its website and educational material are neither associated with, nor affiliated with, nor endorsed by :
- The American and Canadian Red Cross,
- The Heart and Stroke Foundation,
- The St. John Ambulance,
- Or any other organization.
- The Saint-Bernard Academy does not guarantee that the application will meet your requirements.
- The Saint-Bernard Academy does not guarantee, either explicitly or implicitly, that its app will comply with the requirements or standards of the user or third parties.
- The customer is solely responsible for compliance with the requirements and regulatory standards to the demands of his employer.
- This application can prove to be an excellent tool for learning cardiopulmonary resuscitation techniques.
- The Saint-Bernard Academy does not guarantee that the application will work uninterrupted or without errors.
- The Saint-Bernard Academy mobile applications available on the Google Play and AppStore platforms. By downloading one of its applications, you accept the conditions relating to this mobile application, including access to the telephone device (Camera and Audio).
- The information collected within our application will only be used for statistical purposes and will not be sold to third parties.